New Co-opted Governors
WANTED – NEW CO-OPTED GOVERNORS TO JOIN OUR SCHOOL GOVERNING BOARD
Are you enthusiastic about education?
Do you have some time to spare?
We are looking for committed people to join Burman Infant School’s Governing Board as Co-opted Governors.
We have a number of vacancies in the co-opted category and would welcome people with experience in:
Finance (Accountant, Finance Manager etc)
Health & Safety (H&S officer etc)
Buildings (Project Manager etc)
Our school Governing Body is made up of Governors from all walks of life and many come to us through a variety of routes and with a range of different backgrounds, skills and experiences, but they are all volunteers who work together for the benefit of the School and are the link between the School and the community it serves.
We would be delighted to hear from anyone who has:
• an interest in the performance of the school.
• a desire to contribute to and represent the community.
• an open and enquiring mind
• the ability to look at issues objectively
• the confidence to ask questions and join in debate.
• a willingness to listen and make informed judgements.
• the ability to work as part of a team
If you match the above description, you may be the very person we would like to become a Governor at Burman Infant School.
The Governing Body of our school plays a key role in:
• setting targets for raising standards of educational achievement.
• monitoring progress towards meeting these targets.
• supporting and challenging the performance of the headteacher
• deciding policy and future development plans
As well as attending meetings governors are also asked to look at specific areas of the school’s work in more detail. To help support governors, there is the opportunity to access further training to help build on existing skills or to develop new ones.
We look forward to hearing from you.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions in this school will be subject to DBS checks.