Group 2 ISR L14-L20
£56,579 to £65,561 per annum, dependent on experience.
Required from Summer Term 2021
Due to the retirement of our highly valued and respected longstanding Headteacher, the Governors are looking to appoint a passionate and dedicated Headteacher to continue to build on our school’s achievements, strengths and successes.
We are a very happy, positive and popular infant school situated just outside the centre of Shirley in Solihull. Burman Infant School enjoys close partnerships with parents, neighbouring schools and the wider community.
Our aim is ‘to provide an exciting, broad range of experiences and opportunities to equip all our children with the skills, knowledge and attitudes to prepare them for their future lives’.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has outstanding leadership skills
- Is committed to realising the potential of every child
- Has the ability to motivate, encourage and support others
- Has competent organisational and financial skills
- A commitment to continuing to build on our broad and balanced curriculum
- A caring nature and the ability to engage with staff and children
Our children and our staff have requested a head teacher who:
- Is firm but fair
- Loves children and their job
- Is approachable
- Has time to listen
- Will care about them
We will offer you:
- Children with ‘excellent behaviour, attitudes to learning and very high standards in academic work. ‘[Where children] clearly love school and rightly so.’ – Ofsted Report
- Experienced staff who are motivated, dedicated and enthusiastic
- A welcoming, warm and happy working environment.
- An opportunity to continue to build upon the schools successes and continuous progress.
- Governors, parents and Local Authority who are dedicated to support and develop the school alongside the Headteacher.
The closing date for applications is: Thursday 22nd October 2020 @ 12:00 noon
Interviews will be held: Week beginning 1st December 2020
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of the children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All positions in this school will be subject to DBS checks.